Saturday, August 18, 2012

morning light

It is quiet and oh so peaceful in the morning light.  I curse and thank the roosters each morning I am able to get my slumbering tired mama face out of bed before my kiddos are awake.  To sit, reflect and wonder what the day ahead of me might bring.  A few quiet mantras - and I remind myself to be more patient...that every time I ask a child to be patient, I need to really be asking myself to be more patient.  Parenting young children is so tiring and so rewarding and I am trying (my hardest) to take the path of least resistance...trying to say yes as much as possible and telling myself to let go of the notion "no is no".  It is all so silly...a child's world is endless and we try to put up boundaries.  It makes no sense to her...or to me.... so I try to knock them down.  I try.

isabelle: mama i want to go to the moon
mama: then we must make you a space suit
isabelle: can it be purple and silver?

IMG_8942

IMG_8965
no...i didn't secretly have another....
meet harper, isabelle's "sister" on thursday & fridays


No comments:

Post a Comment