Monday, February 11, 2013

One more week

One more week as a professional stay at home mama. Here's the scoop... I got a job. A real full time job... (as a blabla research bla assistant blah) There are a lot of emotions swirling around my head. They can be summed up by these two faces:



I am super excited for the opportunity (depicted here by isabelle) and also super worried about the transition for my kids and me (depicted by the lovely owen).  After the new year I began exploring my options....either going back to school or getting a job.  And while the former is a bit of a dream right now the latter is the reality.  The stars aligned and the first job I applied for I got and am actually really looking forward to getting back into science and research (I say this now...being several years out of it).  The next few weeks will be full of lots of mama tears and a bit of hair pulling but we are all hoping this is going to work out.  Maybe even be able to finally tuck a few pennies away for my dream barn (sure yeah and a house...).

No comments:

Post a Comment