Monday, July 15, 2013

purl

The neglected stitch.  Everyone always talks about knitting...but you know what I want to talk about?!  Purling!  It is a shame when I hear new knitters (and even old) talk about the dreaded purl stitch.  Don't worry purl...I got your back. It is possibly because I knit continental that I have such a soft spot for this stitch...when I am in full steam purling an entire row I feel like my fingers are a well oiled machine.  So hats off to you purl, you could take the knit stitch any day.

Photo on 7-15-13 at 9.08 AM #3
new hat (for me!)
yarn: mink (brand...don't remember)
patter: rustling leaves/Coastal Knits 
IMG_0886
leaves up close

My recent dive back into knitting, and rant on purling, is all due to my new pal Mariah who has graciously reminded me of how much I love to knit purl!  Not only has she reminded me of how much I enjoy knitting, but also gave me the little push I needed to join a weekly knitting group.  It is just what this mama needed and to top it off there is a cute little bar with some perky male waiters that have deemed us regulars.  Knitting and a beer once a week - yes...mama heaven.  

And while I am being so selfish with these weekly dates, I decided to take it a step further.... After much internal debate (baby sweaters i love you so) I have dedicated the next few projects to myself.  Since my knitting karma hasn't exactly paid off yet it is time to knit myself a few treats.  First that hat and now this sweater - I am certainly due for a little self purling indulgence.

IMG_0899
sweater (for me!)
yarn: berroco remix
(i know i know...a fiber girl taboo...it's not 100% wool...but i love it and it is made from recycled fibers, is washable, durable and soft!)
pattern: abi

No comments:

Post a Comment