Tuesday, August 13, 2013

shenanigans...

this past weekend was full of them....

IMG_1108
a surprise birthday party for this goofy ginger
IMG_1114
party favors...our new favorite toys
IMG_1116
lots of sweet sweet watermelon
IMG_1118
a visit from nana
IMG_1125
buckets and boxes of vegetables to process
green beans to dilly beans (f/ canning for a new generation)
IMG_1129
carrot grating
IMG_1130
salting and pounding...
and a whole lot of fermenting
Nourishing Traditions - ginger carrots (sans whey and with added beets & green onion)
we also have jars of carrots and beets hanging in a 5% brine - lots of bubbly concoctions
IMG_1131
north indian carrot pickle (f/ canning for a new generation)...also made a batch of spicy carrot pickles (also f/canning for a new generation)
IMG_1134
a little room switcheroo - the kids have now merged!
IMG_1135
and i even managed to pull out my dusty sewing machine
no room is complete with out your own banner, right?!

Monday morning I definitely felt like I needed an extra weekend day to make up for all those happenings...but knowing in a few short days we will be at my homeland (yes i am a full blooded flat lander...) I suppose I can crank through this week.  Big deep breaths and dreams of gluttonous shell fish feasting and sand in my toes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment