Thursday, March 28, 2013

on a roll

IMG_0201
a sun for owen
(i hummed you are my sunshine almost the entire time i made this...of course not recognizing until the very end)
IMG_0202
a rainbow for a special little lady
(my arm is super sore from sanding this one...)
IMG_0203
two new root children for a total of four (2 for owen and 2 for isabelle) and a little cave for the root children to play in.
IMG_0205
the best part is i drilled a little hole in their hands so that they can actually carry flower...I think this will be a hit with isabelle...
After making those two little root children earlier this week I just couldn't help myself.... You see earlier this week and part of the weekend was spent working...full on working all hours...many of which were the wee morning hours between 2 and 6:30 am.  I will spare the details but I think I clocked my hours by Tuesday for the week and with some extra quiet time at the house I found myself at the scroll saw.  I am so very pleased with the way these came out.  I am sold on using the stockmar watercolors over the milk paint ...which maybe it is just my paint mixing abilities but it never comes out the way I would like it to.

I must admit...I am really excited for them to get their baskets on Easter morning.

1 comment: