Tuesday, March 10, 2015

You might be gone...but I can still smell ya

Its true.  Grampy leaves his mark with the scent of oils...cyprus, rose, lavender, some sort of mint and many more I'm sure I'm missing.  We walk into the bedroom, where he and my mom slept this weekend, and a familiar tingle hits my nose.  I've been breathing that smell in heavy after a much anticipated weekend went a little different than planned.  A weekend that was boasting plans to DC or maybe the mountains was left behind and instead we took it slow, hung around the fire, and just were.  The big plans were saved for a different visit and in so many ways, I am so grateful that all the plans just didn't pan out.  Sometimes the best plan is to have no plan at all.  To sit and just carry on with nothing out of the ordinary....accept maybe the pints of Ben & Jerry's.... to hang in sweat pants all day...force your mom to drink fluids...and to find laughter.



My mom isn't feeling well, to say the very least, and in the past I have asked for positive and healing thoughts for myself...this time they will be for my mom.  We are all hoping for some answers over the next few weeks, for her to find comfort, and most importantly for her to be taken care of.  Because let's get real...she doesn't know how to do this because her whole life has been dedicated to caring for all of us.  And she might get mad at me for drawing attention to her and her not feeling 100%.  But I'm ok with that, if you are mad it means you have a little fight in you....and I expect nothing less.  I hope you get bombarded with positive, healing energy from all those that undoubtably love you....and I hope your eyes roll every time the phone rings and it is someone calling to check in on you.


No comments:

Post a Comment