Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Flora and more

Ah!  I'm here, I promise!  So so much has happened over the last few weeks I feel a little bewildered as to how I got here.  It went a little something like....flu for a week, new job, arlo ear infection, and now...oh my....I got a rabbit!  As one can imagine there are not many photos of the above...actually none.  The flu (or whatever horrible something took over my body) was pretty ugly.  I didn't end up noticing the early signs of Arlo's ear infection because I just thought he had the flu along with me....poor guys ear ruptured (not pretty).  And the whole job things sort of just happened really fast - I'm a weekend morning baker at a local bakery.  So far, I'm loving being in a kitchen again - learning new techniques, using my hands to create lots lot yummy treats...and am hoping to work up enough of a sweat while rolling out croissant dough to burn all the calories I inevitably ingest.  Yes.  Croissants.   It feels good to sneak out in the wee hours of the morning, listen to NPR on my commute, and work outside of the house.

Oh and that rabbit...  I have a lot to say about fiber, knitting, and spinning...enough for another post.  But it has, over the past few months, brought me back to life a bit.  Moving sucks, no need to rehash that, but getting my hands moving again has really helped.  For a while I have been toying with the idea of a duel purpose rabbit - pet & fiber source - and have been just waiting for the right opportunity.  It came unexpectedly yesterday and we are so excited to have this fuzzy gal.  She really is a hoot and I am over the moon excited to spin up some ultra soft angora!!!






1 comment:

  1. Caitlyn!! I just stumbled upon your blog- so great to see pictures of your beautiful family! I'd love to see you next time you are in RI! -Amanda (&Nina)

    ReplyDelete