Thursday, May 31, 2012

do you like my short hair?

photo
no he didn't fall off the bed...

So here I am...at my melting point.  After a long weekend flying solo and many sleepless nights I am tired.  Emotionally and physically just plain tired and the patience tank is empty.  These are not pretty moments around here...but they are moments...and it would be dishonest to pretend like everything is beautiful and harmonious around here always (that would be a very far stretch from the truth).

So today...Owen was getting tired and I wanted to lay down with him...just sleep for five minutes.  About three minutes into my doze I heard a crash from Isabelle's room - I could tell a part of her tea set busted...I didn't care...I wasn't going to let it get to me...what ever.  I wasn't able to fall back asleep, but it was quiet so I laid there for a while just day dreaming about the sleep I could have been having.  Well...you guessed it ....quiet is never a good sign.  After getting up and checking on Isabelle she asked me if I liked her short hair.  DAMMIT...she cut her hair.  This day was unavoidable...every kid does it...and in retrospect there were many signs leading to this day (last week she decided to trim my sheep skin...).  At first my response was... seriously today...I'm so tired I can't stand to deal with this...  And then... a moment later...I was thankful for being so tired that I couldn't get upset or angry...too tired to care that she now has some weird side bang happening.  So what...it is summer...and maybe it could look hip.  Either way I just don't care....just another thing to add to the list of "things I did when I was 3".


Oh Isabelle you really are making the most of being 3.  I love you oh so very much.  And no...there are no pictures of her new hair cut...A mama can only take so much for one day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm kinda laughing, kinda crying....OH Miss Isabelle...your friend Magnolia will love your short hair. And of course, it was only a matter of time until Isabelle joined the hipster party;)

    ReplyDelete