Saturday, January 5, 2013

cough cough

I hope the new year rang you all in well this year, for us 2013 brought on the flu and what now seems to be mastitis for me...yeah...can it get any better?  While I don't have much to share with you today I just wanted you to know that we were still alive, breathing (sort of) and ready for this nasty flu virus to leave the house.  I know you are all patient and wonderful people...just a few more days and I should be back in action.  There is just so much to share....so I promise...in a few short days things will change around here.


finally starting to see smiles from isabelle this morning...
think healthy folks!

Oh and incase you get the flu too...here is how a family of four are sort of surviving:

Lots of sleep...take it when you can get it...
Ginger tea- 2" piece of ginger sliced thinly and simmered in 4 cups of water for 20 minutes (keep the cover on your pan), it also is heavenly to just breath in the steam from this
Netty pot - seriously try it if you haven't already
Gargling salt water
Humidifier laced with eucalyptus, peppermint and lemongrass oil
Top Ramen...I know...I know...msg...blablabla
Netflix...Isabelle Busytown and us Portlandia (all desire to be TV-free has gone by the wayside)
Cough/throat drops...isabelle and I like the burts bees drops and aaron is a die hard ricola fan
Frozen stoneyfield yogurt to go tubes (never bought until this past week because i had a coupon...i am so glad i did)
Dipping our re-useable wipes into warm water infused with eucalyptus to help wash and break up the caked snot on Owen...he hates this
Lots of bubble baths and hot showers


Do you have any other suggestions as to how you get through nasty viruses like these...if so I would love to hear!



No comments:

Post a Comment