Wednesday, April 3, 2013

holy macaron!

Well it only took a few moments of internet searching to figure out what to do with left over egg whites (the yokes being used for ice cream....what else?).  It was a toss up between homemade marshmallows and ....wait for it....macarons!  Not to be confused with macaroOns.  These french pillows of sweetness are one of the most delicious treats I have yet to encounter.  They now rival my mother's sandwich cookies as my most favorite dessert....the sandwich cookies still win though...for now!  I took the task of macaron making very seriously....as I read from many reviews it can be a finicky process.  I aged my egg whites, weighed, sifted and said a few magic words (en francais s'il vous plait!)....and I may have just had some beginners luck....but all i can say is...holy macaron success!

the cookies sitting to form the "skin"
PERFECTION! macaron w/ ganache filling
sorry it is late...so the lighting is bad..
i took the macaron out to take a picture of it...i had every intention of putting it back....
...it didn't make it back in the box....

I used the serious eats recipe...can be found HERE.  I am so excited to whip up more of these tasty treats...and with all the possibilities of macaron flavors and fillings....it will be one exciting macaron adventure.  I just might find myself trying to figure out what to do with all my extra yokes (no that would be silly...more ice cream of course!).

No comments:

Post a Comment