Tuesday, April 9, 2013

no eggs....take 2

IMG_0258

A few weeks back Owen's doctor recommended to remove eggs from his diet because of his persistent eczema.  Dry patches of itchiness just kept popping up and didn't seem to go away...no matter how much lotion we used.  Unfortunately giving up egg has not been easy.  First a sneak cupcake attack (don't even get me started...) and then there were other mishaps.  I have also thought of myself as pretty allergy aware...but apparently not with eggs...and boy are they in everything....even my mama milk.  So, even though he is barely getting much milk these days I have decided to go off eggs for a while as well.  I suppose I am not ready yet to wean Owen completely...but having to give up eggs might be just the catalyst I need.  A summer without ice cream....i don't think i can bare the thought!  So today we officially start being egg free again...hopefully we can get through the next two weeks with out any other sneak attacks....and hopefully mr. owen will be less itchy!

No comments:

Post a Comment