Thursday, May 9, 2013

a bag full

IMG_0303
fiddlehead (so cute right?)
Yesterday I was lucky enough to be invited by our VT born and raised neighbors for a little fiddlehead adventure.  They took me to their "go to" picking spot and also made hushed mention of the fact that this was also a fantastic mushrooming spot (eek!).  While I did feel a ping of guilt leaving aaron with the after dinner duties (these are by far the worst duties....tired dirty children and a messy kitchen...) I was happy to have some adult time...and with the recent black fly emergence it seriously would have been hell with the kids.  We picked just in the nick of time...as most of the ferns were in full bloom.  I think these are destined to be paired with lard or butter..... drooling starts...now.

IMG_0305

No comments:

Post a Comment