Wednesday, May 8, 2013

ramps

IMG_0292
ramps: wild leeks...onion-y, garlic-y & spiiiicy
IMG_0293
ramp pesto
IMG_0294
ramp pesto: ramps, garlic, toasted walnuts, parmesan, olive oil, squeeze of lemon and S & P
 (amounts winged....naturally)
IMG_0295
grilled cheddar, ramp pesto, local hot house tomatoes on aaron's sour dough bread
IMG_0296
sandy-wich accompanied with mama's kombucha (lime-raspberry-ginger OOHMY)

Yes, foraging is just so hip these days...and without a doubt for good reason.  Tramping around the woods and finding yummy treats are pretty much my two favorite things to do.  This past weekend my landlords picked me up in their old truck and we navigated about a mile down the very patchy road out back to a quiet, shaded and slightly damp wooded area.  And peeking up through all the brown were these lovely little ramps.  We didn't pick any longer than maybe 20 minutes and had more than we needed.  Apparently they will disappear just as quickly as they poke up so we were lucky to find them. Half my batch went to pesto and the other half I think I will throw in with some braised kale later this week (yum).  And thank goodness Aaron doesn't outwardly gack at my breath...because you know when you can smell it....well it is really just bad.  

Oh and that kombucha....oh yes that kombucha....
well she deservers her very own post sometime very soon....because I finally have "nailed it"

No comments:

Post a Comment