Tuesday, September 17, 2013

peanut butter



We are all alive, well (on the mend maybe) and just busy lately.  We all had the pleasure of hosting strep, foot and mouth and now a head cold in our house over the past week.  Thankfully the head cold seems like a mere hiccup after the trials of last week and we are all enjoying the perfect sleeping weather vermont has to offer.  Aaron is gone off to Canada and I am with the kids - anxiously awaiting my mom to come up and give me a helping hand - yes...very anxiously awaiting.  I am trying my hardest to find things that make me smile as much as possible, things that remind me to slow down...breath and soak up this beautiful life we live.  I make a point to put on music before I start dinner, I let the kids have snacks before dinner and we walk back and forth from that barn more times then I sometimes feel like I am up for.  I am taking time to notice Owen and his growing list of vocabulary (friends, fruit, frog, fox...oh yes...we are into the f's) and Isabelle's inherent nature to want to write words.  "Can we make your grocery list together - mama let me write peanut butter - that way you won't forget like last time".  I cherish these moments the best I can - and inevitably forget the peanut butter...again.

***
I have many photos and posts to catch up on but they will wait...for right now I just need to get through the week.  

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness... i only knew of the strep... i am SO sorry. your poor things. hand foot and mouth was the worst sickness i have had in years. for all of us!! and strep and a head cold?! terrible!!

    ReplyDelete