Thursday, October 17, 2013

a few moons ago



A few moons ago I found this little gem by way of a friend and a local list serve.  I jumped on the email and expressed interest and was told it was unavailable due to many interested buyers.  Disappointed - I admit.  A few days later I got word that my friend had been next in line (as there were several people who backed out) and that she her self was also going to back out.  Anyways....long story short - I had on my hands the opportunity to buy an old Ashford Traditional spinning wheel (circa...early 90's I think) for $40.  I deliberated over night, my husband sure that I didn't need to acquire yet another crafting hobby...but alas, woke with the ultimate decision that this was too good of an offer to pass up.  And well...to say the least...i don't regret this decision one bit.  After fixing her up (I sunk maybe $25 more into her) I am happy to report she is spinning (or maybe I am spinning).  And I am falling in love...with yes...another..."crafting hobby".


I was fortunate in that I found a few local spinners who were all too eager to have a newbie join them and last night I finished my very first bobbin.  There is much to know about this sport... I am merely at the tip of the ice burg...and oh it is so exciting!

So today...i thank the universe, my friends who declined to purchase her and myself...for allowing myself to clutter another corner with crafty goodness...

No comments:

Post a Comment