Thursday, February 27, 2014

a good cat

Yesterday morning I had to say good bye to a very dear friend and family member.
Sid was relieved of his duty to love us after silently suffering from lung cancer.
It was a sad day. 

  



















I am struggling to find the right words to describe how I am feeling - sad, very sad.  Sid has been with us for almost 7 years and was the first to greet Isabelle when she arrived home from the hospital almost 6 years ago and slept with me the entire first night Owen arrived.  He has been ever so patient and has unconditionally loved us all (no matter how many times we tried to shove him off our lap).  He has been through so much with us it is hard to imagine life without him.  He was a good cat, a really really good cat.  He will be is terribly missed.




1 comment:

  1. Sid was obviously a wonderful, loving cat. I loved the picture of him smiling while Isabelle gives him a hug.

    ReplyDelete