Monday, February 24, 2014

a mama day

Last week I took a self proclaimed personal day.  Kids were at school and daycare and I worked from home…not long after realizing that work was just not going to be in the picture.  Instead I cleaned my house at my own pace - and then enjoyed a clean house for more than 2 seconds, I made a cake, collected eggs, prepared dinner early so I could leave for knitting on time (didn't happen), knit, self indulged in a little netflix and just plain relaxed.  I needed it, to be honest I could use a few more.  With February quite literally gobbled up by colds and with the lingering fear of 14 out of 31 days without Aaron in March I needed that day (and that cake).  

good, worth making once…but likely won't make it again
admiring color and thanking those hens…we are all eating many many eggs these days

yes, butternut rises again….our mid-winter-squash-gag-reflex has subsided!

clean floors and kitty paws


No comments:

Post a Comment