Tuesday, February 4, 2014

a simple beat


It has been a long week of colds here in this home of ours.  I have spent countless moments wiping noses, rubbing backs and filling the humidifier with water and a few drops of thieves oil.  But there is one simple remedy- which seems to work the best- for those achey hot little bodies that are beyond restless and in need of sleep.  That remedy is simple, that remedy is presence and the simple beat of my heart.  This simple beat that inherently eases their bodies and souls, the beat that their tiny ears heard first in my womb.  Sinking into my chest their ears press deeply against my skin, I know what they hear and what they feel.  I can feel it myself and in moments of wariness last week I wished my own mom was with us so I could lay my own heavy head upon her chest.  To hear that sound - to feel that rhythm.  I can't help but also think about this tiny human growing inside me is hearing it too, lulled by the swaying of my walk and the beat of my heart.  This connection is so strong and so powerful, I am so grateful to find moments of peace in chaos and to realize this and embrace it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment