Tuesday, January 13, 2015

a dirty dirty band aid

Big inhale....bigger exhale....
and repeat.



Here we are.  Nearly 6 months after my last post - we are here.  I truly don't even know where to start...so instead of trying to go back and re cap the last few months I will share our holiday note.  I know most of you have read it, but - at the very least - it brings us back up to speed.  I won't spend much time trying to catch up, that sounds way to daunting and my mama brain is fried.



Hello friends & family!
My what a year it has been!  The year started, much like the year before – both Aaron and I working full time and bustling through our days.  With a belly swelling by the day and the desire to slow down just a bit I took the plunge back into the stay-at-home mama role.  Life really never did slow down, but I do believe we are all enjoying it much more.   Isabelle finished Kindergarten with a passion for writing and her everlasting desire to create was only nurtured by her afterschool pals.  Isabelle turned 6 in June and enjoyed the summer with friends, learning to swim, camping, and even a few beach days.  Owens language burst from disconnected sentences to full on conversations, has an infectious laugh, usually allows sis to guide him in play and will always find the highest spot to jump from – making my heart skip a beat each time.  That swollen belly I mentioned before finally came to its maximum capacity and on July 9th we graciously welcomed Arlo into our family.  Another homebirth and one that- like all other labors and deliveries- I will never forget.  Sure the pain may fade, but those first few moments when Arlo came into this world will forever be etched into my mind.  The summer seemed to be swallowed whole with baby and before we knew it Isabelle was packing her backpack again for her first day of first grade.  Soon after Isabelle started school we got some news we had been awaiting – Aaron landed an amazing job with the National Park Service in Fredericksburg, VA.  As soon as the excitement washed over, the reality of leaving Vermont settled – and in all honesty still hasn’t settled.  We have left yet another beautiful family of friends we will never forget.  Vermont will always hold a very special place in our hearts.  We are here – in Virginia – and breathing, settling and gently letting ourselves transition into this new space.  There is much to be grateful for – a permanent job for Aaron, our health and food on the table.  We chose to homeschool this year – it has been a learning process for all of us, but I can honestly say I am enjoying Isabelle being home and learning along side her.  2014 had a few heavy-hearted goodbyes as well– our two cats both passed away far too young.  Shortly before and after moving we adopted two new cats (lets just call it feline therapy) and haven’t regretted Banjo and Maple joining our crew one bit.  Owen just turned the ripe old age of 3 on December 16th and Arlo (at 5 ½ months) has started to creep across the floor (oh my).  We welcome winter solstice and the coming light that will fill our minds and bodies with soul quenching warmth, we bid farewell to another year and we welcome 2015.  Life is sweet, so so sweet.

Warm blessings and a happy holiday to all!
 Caitlyn, Aaron, Isabelle, Owen, and Arlo






It's a choppy start...but at least it is here.  Starting to blog again, for me, is like ripping of a band aid - quick and dirty.  

To 2015 and blogging ....cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment