Monday, February 9, 2015

a third child

You are 7 months old today and you are most certainly a third child.  You take naps anywhere you can get them, you steal pizza crust while no one is looking and you smile almost every time we meet eyes.  You can keep yourself busy chasing toys, siblings or kittens for an unreal amount of time.  You giggle relentlessly at your sister and brother, you are rocking back and forth on hand and knees and you are too fast at creeping from one end of the house to the other.  You have good nights and bad nights...good nights might mean you sleep for 2 or 3 hours bad nights might be you nurse every twenty minutes (or so it feels).  Last night was a bad night, you went to bed rosy cheeked and nursed constantly...a tooth may be the source of your discomfort.  





You are a third child, that is for sure, but I love you no less.  And I promise we, just me and you, have time together.  I do hold you...so much, if not in my arms you are snug on my back.  While your dad reads to your brother and sister almost every night, we sit and we giggle.  I sing to you and tickle your belly at each diaper change.  At least once a day I make tea for myself and we sit, rock and nurse - this is a gift to me and to us.  We have precious fleeting moments together, but they are moments that I hope are etched into your heart.  


No comments:

Post a Comment