Friday, February 20, 2015

cast off to cast on





I started this small sweater, another EZ Baby Surprise,  months before the Arlo's arrival.  It has sat bundled in a basket on a shelf.  I haven't had motivation to knit, I don't know if it was the move or the project or what...but had no desire to pick it back up.  Thankfully my knitting slump is over and I am falling in love all over again with my yarn, my needles, my time and the sweetness that is babies in their sweaters.  My spinning wheel is scheduled to be returned good as new this morning (the move was a little tough on her) and a package of blissful yarn arrived in the mail yesterday from a friend so dear my heart jumped with excitement and my eyes simultaneously filled with tears of gratitude (and sadness of distance - yes that is certainly still there).  Sometimes all I need is a project in my basket - something in my hands - something that grounds me and helps me find my breath.  

And sometimes you have a friend that reminds you of those simple things and you can't help but feel how lucky you are to have so many amazing people in your life that support you in ways you could never expect.  

Thank you.


1 comment: