Friday, February 13, 2015

oh for the love of poop

There always has to be a poop story I guess...right?  I remember Owen's moment of poo almost three years ago...but yesterday...this was far worse.  Let's just say that if you were to take a glance at my google searches for the day you would find the following: My baby ingested cat feces.

Yup. That happened.


So that cute little fuzz ball Maple somehow managed to have a large clump of shit (yeah...I have no patience for poop...it was shit...cat shit) on her butt and decided to rub her butt all over the floor.  With cloudy 7 a.m. vision Aaron thought he had wiped up all the dried smudges of cat shit art on the floor.  However, while on his morning commute through the house and while the rest of us were eating oatmeal and slowly sipping life back to our bodies, Arlo hit the jackpot...apparently.  He creeped his way back into the kitchen and whined at my leg - I suspected he had his morning poo and was ready for a diaper change (which he normally does during his morning commute) and picked him up...only to find my sweet sweet baby with a ring of slimy brown around his mouth.  Oh no...oh no no no no...it can't be...a swift smell confirmed...cat shit.  I, now on adrenalin, ran to clean him up and then subsequently grabbed the cat to dunk her ass in water and wipe off any of the remaining....followed by me frantically washing all the floors.  Owen marched through the house declaring "oh shits" and it was the first time I have ever wished to have bleach in the house...but alas, vinegar and soap did the job.  As for Owen's potty talk...I let that go...because he was clearly repeating what he had just heard.  With the house cleaned what was there to do...but make a few calls...test the waters so to speak - was this so bad that I should never mention it again...or can I laugh about this?  First to my dear friend who confirmed that this was funny and that yes...indeed shit happens.  The second to my mom...who confirmed...yes caitlyn get off the phone and call the doctor...now.  So yes...I went on to explain to several different goggly eyed women about how it came to be that my 7 month old sweet baby ate cat shit.  Oh this day...I can't wait to tell Arlo's future parter all about the slimy ring of cat shit around his mouth and how we went on to get blood work done to (hopefully) confirm that he hasn't contracted toxoplasmosis.  Goodness...how do these things happen?




And well, the shit story doesn't really end there...but on a much sweeter note.  Owen, for the first time ever, pooped on the potty last night.  A parenting win - a literal jump for joy and high fives all around - Yes...I truly needed that.


No comments:

Post a Comment