Thursday, January 26, 2012

so much laundry...

So I was prepared for the onslaught of laundry that comes along with babies and especially cloth diapering...but I swear Mr. Owen must be in cahoots with a laundry detergent or stain remover...  But yesterday he totally outdid himself.  One load of laundry was created within - I kid you not - one commercial break of Ellen (yes...I love Ellen...and watch it when ever I can...).  And since I recently laughed so hard I cried at my dear friend Melissa's Poop Story...I figured I would share my own poop story (I'm sure there will be plenty more).

It all started with Isabelle wanting to practice her photography skills...(which is tough because she is learning on a Canon digital SLR that is 1/2 the size of her head...)

IMG_7118
rut-roh mama
yeah...those evasive big worried eyes weren't just for show...

While I unknowingly posed for a picture with Owen I smelled that familiar smell of poo...not thinking much...because Isabelle really wanted to take a few pictures...I figured I would just get to it in a few minutes. WRONG...moments after the above picture was taken I felt warmth...NOT GOOD.  Owen blasted through his outfit and onto mama...ok...done this before...I jumped out of my pooped on pants and stripped the little man down and into the tub he went.  After bath he gets out, dried and dressed and pukes all over himself...and not just a little puke...this kid doesn't get the nickname "cheese maker" for nothing...OK back to the tub!  Then I get him out for the second time...wrap him in his towel and on our way to the changing table he pees all over me...and well after that we both ended up in new outfits...that thankfully lasted through the evening...

and well that's all she wrote...one load of laundry in less than five minutes... I will forever laugh at that picture above and think of the events that followed it...Thank you Isabelle for capturing it for us!



No comments:

Post a Comment