Tuesday, January 17, 2012

oh for the love of poached eggs

The only thing I truly missed during pregnancy was deliciously runny poached eggs.  Since Owen has been born I have been able to fulfill my craving...but not without obstacles.  Owen is not a fan yet of anything other than mama's milk and doesn't quite understand why on earth I need to eat.... Yesterday I woke up with the most intense "need" for poached eggs and the most intensely needy children.  So...I did what any human desperate for runny yoke would do... I turned on pbs for Isabelle and broke out the pacifier for Mr. Owen.  Not one of my best mama moments...but I "needed" that egg....

HIP_348413927.636290
owen...not understanding...

HIP_348413894.637708
eggs coming to room temp...buying me some time to calm a baby

HIP_348415647.980433
success.... eaten inhaled in 3 seconds.... baby seriously did not understand

No comments:

Post a Comment