Monday, January 16, 2012

One month, ballerinas, and brewing...oh my!

Last week Aaron was out of town for a meeting so my mom came up...and let me tell you...thank goodness she did.  The evening before Aaron left I threw out my shoulder...on one of my many roundabouts with baby Owen at 2 in the morning...and I came down with a head cold.  All that equals one tired and impatient mama.  My mom was there like a champ to keep Isabelle preoccupied and even walked my little man around during some of his uglier moments.  I'm not sure I could have done it without her.

IMG_7082
love

Isabelle had her second dance class last week as well and I am happy to report that things went GREAT!  After I danced a little with her I tested the waters with..."I think I'll go rest with the other mamas...but I'll be right here if you need me"... all the while I was anticipating I would have to get back up and hold her hand through the marching, hopping, and toe tapping.  But I was totally wrong...Isabelle stood up there and did everything Miss. Tammy told her to do, every once and a while looking back to make sure mama was where she said she would.... and at eye contact I would get the most proud looking smile beaming from her face.  It was awesome!  I am so proud of my little dancer!  (side note: there was a week of preparation...mama and Isabelle talked about dance class almost everyday and practiced her moves to help her feel more comfortable with her new surroundings)

IMG_7087

And in Owen World... I am happy to report I've got the cutest little one month old I know!  Owen loves to be attached at the moment and isn't a huge fan of being put down...so thank goodness for slings.  In the past two weeks he has really started focusing on our faces, responding more to noises (tap shoes for one...), and has really started to love his bath.  Owen is still a master "spit-upper"... he some how always can find the spot where the burp cloth meets shirt.  He is also still holding onto a late night awake period... at about 2 - 2:30 a.m. he decides it is just time to be awake, thankfully it is usually sans fuss... but not exactly when I want to be awake.  We have an appointment with the pediatrician this week and am looking forward to some new measurements to see how much he has grown!

IMG_7093
a little tummy time

IMG_7085
And here...yet another shot of my brewmaster in training....

No comments:

Post a Comment