Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Years!

IMG_7030
The fairy-princess-ballerina-cat wishes you all a very happy New Year!
(she is in mid wand waving granting everyone their new years wishes)

I have never really made or committed to any new years resolutions... but last night...while watching the ball fall at midnight, sipping on champagne and sneaking a kiss from my hubby (that must have been a dream).... reality: trying to nurse and convince a baby he really should be tired after being up for 4 hours...I decided I needed to clean up my potty mouth.  All too often ugly words gush out of my mouth in moments of sheer exhaustion and frustration...and I suppose it is really time to clean it up (honestly it probably was time 3 years ago...I'm just a little slow).  So I am holding all of you accountable to call me out on any ugly words you may hear muttered from my mouth and am taking any suggestions as to how to quit the shit....(last time!).  One friend from an old play group Isabelle and I use to attend replaced potty words with Jingle Bells...it was great because it sounded so silly.  Now I don't want to be painfully unoriginal but am taking suggestions on replacement words - I think this strategy might help...the sillier the better.

Dear fairy-princess-ballerina-cat,
please help my potty mouth.
sincerely,
tired momma


3 comments:

  1. Maggie's teacher in Boise would say "Sugar!" as her substitute word. I've spent over 3 years trying to transition to that word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where you could have developed THAT habit?!?!?!?!?! I think describing your effort as "quit the shit" to be counterproductive and possibly shows a lack of sincerity in your conviction to dissolve the potty month impulse. You need to think of ME when the urge develops and serenity will surely be yours. Your humble critiquer Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. melissa - haven't had a day go by without a slip...but it is getting better...!

    dad - i know exactly how i developed THAT habit. Thanks, it does help to blame you for all my flaws.... har har har.

    ReplyDelete