Friday, July 8, 2011

poolside

It has been hot hot hot in Moscow these past few days and we have been either retreating to the cool basement, hanging in the shade, eating tons of watermelon, guzzling water....or at the pool.  Moscow has a "nice" pool - in parentheses because I don't know what a nice pool is since I never did that as a kid (the joys of living minutes from the beach...).  Isabelle is still getting re-aquainted with the sunny, loud, and overstimulating poolside - but all in all we both enjoyed dipping our feet and cooling off.

photo-23
snacking on a pesto roll

Last night even though it was really hot I was craving chili and cornbread.  I made a vegetable & bean chili with wheat bulgar (sans meat - even Aaron approved), buttermilk cornbread, and some fresh squeezed lemonade...and man did it make me sweat even more...but it was sooooo worth it.  It is 9 a.m. here and I am already eye balling my leftovers...  I am personally super excited it is Friday and looking very much forward to weekend fun.  We haven't been to the farmer's market in two weeks and I hear the cherries are in - and man I never understood how good a cherry could be until living out here.  I'm sorry east coast but the cherries they ship to you just do it justice.  

Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment