Friday, August 26, 2011

transverse at 25 weeks

photo-31
i know i am reusing a photo from a previous post....so shoot me...

As confirmed by the ultrasound and a little palpating from my midwife baby is lounging sideways (or a slightly angled sideways with its feet usually poking at my lower right stomach area and punching my upper left ribs) instead of head down - which is totally fine for now but my midwife told me to start thinking "head down baby" and doing some extra pelvic tilts during the day to coax the babes into position.  I know it is quirky but I really believe in the power of the mind and mind and body connection - and when she said "thinking - head down baby", I really appreciated and could grasp that.

All other ultrasound results were great - the baby has two arms, two legs, a head, a heart, growing organs, etc.  The ultrasound also predicted my due date to be December 10th, 5 days after my original due date was estimated at 12 weeks.  I am not surprised, I think I just tend to carry a smaller baby according to averages (Isabelle has always been in the 5th-25th percentile and that is A-OK)- so I suppose we will be expecting a baby anytime after December 5th - only time will tell. 

I also had a dream a few nights ago that I had a baby girl.  Upon deeper thinking about the actual events of the dream I think it was more me having anxiety about my previous hospital birth.  In my dream I gave birth to this beautiful baby girl and then she was quickly snatched from my arms for doctors to look her over and then she was gone (as if the hospital swallowed her up).  Now, ok, this totally did not happen and while they did wisk her away promptly after birth I got Isabelle back in a jiff - but I suppose I just am now a little more sensitive and a little more adamant about how our babies first minutes, hours, and days are spent with us.  I'm so looking forward to snuggling up with our new little baby in our own bed and not feeling so sterile.  

I know and appreciate our desire to have a homebirth is not the norm but am truly excited for the experience - that being said, having Isabelle in a hospital was wonderful (other the induction, pitocin, and epidural) - the moment she entered our world everything changed and it was one of the most powerful events of my life.

n14315703_33929664_2416
getting ready to go home 3 years ago

but then again, the dream could mean that we should expect another little lady in our life...now wouldn't that be something...

No comments:

Post a Comment