Friday, August 19, 2011

vacation ~ Part 1 ~ Seattle

So as mentioned in the previous post we set out last Thursday on a little (big) adventure.  One week - two nights in a hotel and 5 nights camping - and well all I can say is it is good to be back in Moscow.  We had a great time (accept I managed to get a cold the second day and hurt my foot from walking on pavement in cheap flip flops), ate lots of good food, and experienced some inspiring scenery.  Since I took lots and lots of pictures and we did so much I figured it would only be appropriate to dedicate a few posts to this vacation.  It may take me a while but I will get all the pictures and events posted (eventually).  Mind you we now have our "game faces on" as far as packing goes - and yes we finally found a place to live (for 9 months anyways...)!

photo-31
baby weed # 2

Our adventure started early Thursday morning.  I had my 20 week ultrasound appointment (even though I was 23 weeks) in Spokane and so our trip started with getting a cute view of a cute baby!  Isabelle got to see her new little sister or brother for the first time and I think she was rather pleased that it didn't look anything like a baby - I think she might be in denial.  We do have ultrasound equipment in Idaho...some of you may be thinking why we ventured an hour and a half for the appointment.... doctors here do not want to be associated with patients choosing home births...

After our appointment we headed west to Seattle- a city both Aaron and I wanted to visit for a little gastronomical indulgence.  The night we got into town I looked up the best Vietnamese place in search for some delicious Pho - something I have been craving for far too long now.  We ended up in the International District of Seattle and were pleased to find a little hole in the wall that had some stellar pho (I still think Boston is better - but I only visited one place).

photo-32
yum...want more...

The next day we went into the city to visit the aquarium, stroll the famous Pike's Place Market (where they throw the fish), and well yes eat...eat....and eat more.

photo-33
isabelle on the train heading into Seattle

IMG_5926
at the aquarium

IMG_5921
bravely touching the starfish

pikes place 2
Pike's Place Market

pikes place
Seattle

lapichet
a little finger food from La Pichet

We also made our way to Salumi - Mario Batali's fathers salumi shop and grabbed some capicola & soupy.  And well, yes I did try everything - even though I have not eaten meat since June.  The dry cured pork products were yummy but I can't say I was a huge fan of the pates (i know i know...what is wrong with me?!).  And well... I think in general I will continue to stay away from meat/poultry for the rest of this pregnancy or until I start liking it again.  

so there is a little of our vacation to "chew" on....more to come later

No comments:

Post a Comment