Wednesday, August 31, 2011

first ride in a canoe

This past weekend we worked hard to forget our packing and moving stress and headed up to Sandpoint, ID for one last camping trip this summer with our wonderful friends Laura & Carter and their pooch Hailey (i know...i sort of have had enough camping...).  And well we decided to take one of our landlords' canoes along with us for some boating fun.  Isabelle of course had to get a new life vest - and of course she would only wear the one with pink and purple (which just so happened to be the most expensive one...hmph).

IMG_6191
isabelle sat comfortably in her hippo chair

IMG_6195
and off they go!

This little canoe trip has excited both Aaron and Isabelle about the lake that we will be living on for the next 9 months in NH (Mascoma Lake).  And well for me.... it just gives me anxiety - I could barely watch as they paddled away in that canoe...

This is officially my last day of work and Isabelle's last day of daycare and since we are having some temporary issues with internet at our house I'm not sure when the next post will come.  Will try to get in a few but unfortunately it is "game face" time.  The next month will be filled with packing, flying, driving, and unpacking....  I can't believe I am saying this (when September is generally my favorite time of year) but...I can't wait for October!

Dates:
Moving truck comes: Sept. 7th
Mom comes: Sept 9th
Moving truck leaves: Sept 12th
28 week Midwife appointment: Sept 12th
Mom, Isabelle, me and the cats fly out: Sept 14th 
Aaron & Joel drive east: Sept 15th
I drive up to NH: Sept 20th (ish)
Moving truck arrives in NH: Sept 22nd (ish)

The chaos starts: NOW!!!!!!!

Yikes.  Please send positive thoughts our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment