Monday, August 22, 2011

Vacation ~ Part 2 ~ Olympic Peninsula

Ok, as promised... more pictures.  From Seattle we drove a few more hours west to visit the Olympic Peninsula.  Home of Olympic National Park - mountains, beaches, and rainforest.  Also home of those Twilight series - the small town in which the books are set, Forks, and yes I have read the books and well if you are feeling like a teenage vampire guilty pleasure then go for it - but I have to say I'm pretty embarrassed I read them (and saw all the movies...so far).  Ok anyways back to the more important stuff - pictures:

IMG_5945
hurricane ridge - olympic national park

IMG_5950
Bailey Range - olympic national park

IMG_5948
deer in meadow - flowers - broad leaf lupines

We spent one night camping at the base of Hurricane Ridge in Olympic National Park, even though we had initial hopes of sleeping by the water our first night.  The park was great and we had amazing views of the mountains..

IMG_5933
on the road again..driving further west

IMG_5965
made it to the Pacific- beach littered with huge trees

IMG_5971
isabelle navigating the beach

IMG_5972

Yikes there are a lot of pictures from this Pacific Northwest tour...more to be posted later.  In the mean time we are up to our ears in bubble wrap, boxes, and packing tape - packing is not fun.

3 comments:

  1. Twilight?!?! Now I'm even more crushed you guys are moving. I could have had a pal that would have indulged in the guilty, guilty pleasure of the last two movies with me! On another note, I think we could use a little Isabelle play time. She can come over tomorrow or Thursday so you can pack, or relax a bit! Let me know! I believe we have more boxes for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures make me wish I lived in Washington but also very excited that you are moving closer. You have the glow by the way...you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa -thank you so much for taking isabelle - we truly appreciate it!
    Kelly - thanks - glow or not I am definitely feeling prego!

    ReplyDelete