Saturday, September 24, 2011

the escape artist

photo-1
stupid cat...

So much to blog about and I so don't want to overwhelm you with all the ugly details but will try to share the highlights - now that I can (sort of) laugh it off.  So.... Wednesday morning I wake up, eager to pack the car and head up to see our new home (for the next 9 months), and I go to check on Furio (who was exiled to the bathroom during the night due to excessive yowling) and the bathroom door is open and no signs of Furio.  First I think....someone must of accidentally let him out....man this is going to be a (insert bad word) trying to find him.  So I wander my parents house looking in some extra hairy places but no luck...then the kicker...my mom says the window screen has been knocked out and the (insert bad word here) cat must have jumped for it.  Sigh...anyone who has met this cat knows he is hardly tame and can't be caught...I lost the cat the DAY we are going to NH (insert several bad words and tears here).

Well, it turns out that I did at least find him (I did not catch him).  I followed the trail of my mothers cats gazes and a mysterious yowl my mom heard and found him in one of the several inconvenient locations to try and trap a cat at my parents house (if you haven't seen it think - wow this is a great place for a cat to hide...so many hidey holes....).  I tried four times to try and catch him.  Each coming up empty handed, soaked from morning dew, mumbling profanities, and an overwhelming amount of gross boob sweat accumulating each time (sorry if that is too graphic....I haven't experienced boob sweat until pregnancy and it is no fun....at all).

So with a heavy heart and no way of coaxing the cat I decided to leave him behind with the hopes that my mom (a critically acclaimed cat whisperer) and possibly enrolling a have a heart trap might do the trick once the cat decides he is hungry enough.  I'm hopeful but not certain it will work and that our new house (which is a whole other post I can't even start on right now...as I have gone into far more detail on this one side story and I promised I wouldn't) will not be minus one for too long.


oh and this is just the beginning... more to come later



No comments:

Post a Comment