Tuesday, September 27, 2011

thank yous

Sorry for the lack of posts over the last few days, as you can imagine our lives have been full of unpacking, rediscovering toys, wondering how we accumulated so many toys, trying to hide half of the toys, and most importantly creating a space to call home.  First and foremost, I have to thank my parents for spending the weekend with us and providing emotional and physical support.  Mental break downs were tamed with comments like "lets go get more cabinet liners!" and "it is way bigger than I expected, no smell at all"...  And also a huge thank you to our dear friend Joel who flew out to Idaho only to drive back with Aaron and then help us unpack our moving truck - THANK YOU.

photo-2
isabelle and grammy enjoying the view

So while our my first impressions of our new rental were dismal (I decided to trash my original post I wrote a few days ago....way too negative...I'm glad I held off on posting it)  it has turned out to be great.  After moving all of our things in and moving the owners things into the basement it feels like home - and a pretty darn good one.  We are nestled right on Mascoma Lake with a beautiful view of leaf colors to come.  We have a comfy living room, decent space in the kitchen, a dining room, and three bedrooms.  And by three bedrooms I mean a guest room (/baby room)....and by guest room I mean come visit!  Seriously - if you can, the leaf peeping on the lake will be superb in the next few weeks and we  have plenty of space.

Yesterday Aaron and I also "celebrated" our 2nd anniversary - hard to believe it has been two years since the sun shined so hard on that beautiful fall day and that we have been partners in crime for just over 6 years now.  Today I hope to take some more photos of the place to give you an idea of our new home, but for the time being thanks for being patient and sending us all your positive thoughts - we have felt them.


2 comments:

  1. That's your view!? Yeah, I don't think you'll have trouble with visitors (not that the company isn't perfectly sufficient all by itself to draw us up...). Can't wait to see you guys again; my trip starts today. d

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it is wonderful! i should hope our company is perfectly sufficient for you dave but in some ways I feel the same... its always good when you are accompanied with food....:) good luck on your migration and looking forward to seeing you soon!!

    ReplyDelete