Thursday, December 8, 2011

the late cake

Well, now we are three days past my "guess date" (formerly known as due date) - a term I will thank Melissa for... you are right...it is totally an estimation and not something to get caught up in...or so I am trying not to get caught up in.  And what better way to pass the time is to bake a cake.  Yesterday we thumbed through my mothers ancient Hershey's Chocolate Factory baking book.  A book that is falling apart, pages stuck together, notes scribbled on the side...and you know just by the texture of the page and the stains which are the best..tried and true recipes.  She brought it up because I had been craving peanut butter kiss cookies but hey...why not make a cake too...


IMG_6682
you can hardly make out the scribbled but it says "double"...
(as in they are devoured within a day) 

Instead of doing a tried a true recipe, the chocolate marble chiffon cake caught my eye...I'm not too sure why.  Anyways we made it and unfortunately my 2 days late preggo brain forgot the salt...waah waah waah.  It is ok... but not as good as it would be with that tsp of salt that was forgotten.

IMG_6684
known forever more as "the late cake"


Thanks again for all of your thoughts and keep them coming 
- baby will have to come out sooner or later!  


No comments:

Post a Comment