Monday, June 13, 2011

and the food binge begins....

Saturday morning I made it to Providence by bus from Manchester and well since we were in the area.... we made a few stops at two favorite spots.  First we went to Not Just Snacks (they don't have a website that's how good they are..).  I had the mutton curry (per usual) and Isabelle even enjoyed her first samosa.  It was also my parents first Indian food experience... I think I converted the skeptics!

photo-12
salivating just looking at it...no marrow bones though... leave it to a newbie like my dad to get one I could stick my thumb through...hmph

photo-11
veggie samosa (and some bunny crackers...)

And since we were in the neighborhood and my parents had never been to Seven Stars Bakery we decided to pop in to fill our bellies with some delicious baked goodies.  My parents both had the sticky buns, Isabelle a chocolate chip cookie, and I.... a chocolate croissant.  Needless to say I was full beyond comprehension before we headed into Seven Stars and ended up in a food coma for the rest of the day.  

photo-13
not sure what Isabelle's look is for... I may have suggested she needed help eating a cookie the size of her face...


Yesterday, I spent the day with my lovely lady friend Kelly and her beautiful baby girl Noa.  We headed up to Grafton, Ma to visit our friends Jeff & Carolyn who are starting up Potter Hill Farm.  Visit the site, it is great and we are all super excited for them and this experience.  And at some point we are all going to quit our jobs and work on Jeff's farm some day.  Seriously.  I have to apologize I took no pictures of the day - but it was great.

Unfortunately all the nice weather was used up last week (when I wasn't in RI) so I am currently hoping for some sunshine and some decent beach days.  And if the weather doesn't improve then I can always find somewhere to eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment