Tuesday, June 7, 2011

We made it!

Just a quick post- we made it to Manchester, NH Sunday evening.  It was a long, very long, day.  We had a 3 1/2 hour layover in Las Vegas followed by a 5 hour flight to NH...yuck.  Isabelle did great - well as good as any 3 year old does on a long plane trip.  When we got to Vegas she decided all she wanted to do was run back and forth on the moving walkways... and so that is what we did for 2 hours... literally.  Some people smiled, some laughed, and some looked at me like  I had 5 heads - and that was ok because after I got this for 3 hours....

photo-10
I even picked her up and buckled her into her plane seat and she was still out... lovely

Grammy & Grampy were all smiles and waves at the airport to pick us up and Isabelle was equally happy to see them - and for me... I was just tired.  That night my parents stayed at the hotel I am staying at for my meeting and we went for a quick bite to eat at the Red Arrow Diner.  It was pretty good, apparently famous in these parts - all I wanted to eat was poached eggs and hollandaise sauce but alas...pregnancy... so I had an ok veggie hash with fully cooked eggs.  What is the fun of breakfast if you can't have runny eggs?

After breakfast Isabelle happily left me in the dust to be with grammy & grampy for the next week.... I can't imagine I will have anything really to post about until I see them again, unless they send me some photos - so a short break until I see my little dumpling this weekend.

Looking forward to my bus trip to providence...mutton curry...thai style vegetarian shrimp...fritters...chowder...the beach...and spending time with family and friends! ....no order of importance implied...;)

3 comments:

  1. very jealous of your food itinerary. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys made it, and everything went well! Have a great time and we'll see you when you get back to Moscow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made it safely!! Hope your conference went well and safe trip to RI. Can't wait to see you guys next week!

    love ya!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete