Saturday, June 4, 2011

Three.

Yesterday was Isabelle's big day!  We tried to keep things pretty simple.  A handful of close friends we new she played really well with, easy wholesome foods, and no gifts = no breakdowns (perfect!).  She had tons of fun playing with her friends, eating spaghetti & meatballs, and purple cake.  Unfortunately I left my camera inside for most of the celebration but managed to capture a few images and some video...maybe I will try to upload video at some point... no promises.

IMG_5622
Isabelle wasn't interested in her birthday dress after she received a hello kitty shirt for her birthday...who could blame her?

IMG_5623
Isabelle and Maggie taking a stroll in the wagon.

IMG_5624
yes...purple frosting with homemade confetti cake...
the cake vanilla cake recipe was from smitten kitchen with a handful of confetti sprinkles tossed in, I can't say I was a huge fan...could have been me but I thought the texture was too crumbly.  
The frosting just a basic buttercream.

IMG_5625
Isabelle's new birthday ornament (a bunny) and the big 3...

And now we are packing and getting ready to fly back east... we are SO excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment