Thursday, June 16, 2011

sandy.

The past few days have been pretty low key.  Visiting some friends and family and a day at the beach.  Monday night we went to my brother Dylan's high school graduation (yay!) and Tuesday we visited with friends at Small Axe and my grandparents.  Isabelle had so much fun chasing the new baby ducks at the Umbrella Factory and exploring the gardens.  Our friends have recently taken over the ownership and are doing amazing things with the place!!

photo-18
Can I pick one up mama...

Later that day we went to CT to visit my grandparents.  After a quick cat nap during the car ride over she was full of energy and after a few minutes she instantly made friends with great grampy.  They played  with her new marble - and in a most classic accent my grandpa would snatch that marble and say "got your mahhhble"!

photo-14
Isabelle hiding the marble behind her back

And yesterday the sun finally broke free from the clouds and rain and we made it to the beach.  It was lovely.  Isabelle loves the water, the sand, and crushing newly built sand castles.

photo-17
laying in the sand

photo-16
Grampy (pre-back spasm...) & Isabelle

photo-15
Grammy & Isabelle

Yesterday afternoon Isabelle and I also visited with my dear friend Elin and her cutest baby in the world Malik.  We met them at the Umbrella Factory where we had a delicious late lunch at the new Small Axe Cafe (where my mom previously had her cafe).  I had the soup and sandwich combo and it was really yummy - homemade bread and all.  If you are in Charlestown I strongly recommend popping into the Umbrella Factory - they are doing a great job beatifying the property, the shops are buzzing with hip stuff, and the food is great.

And now, Thursday morning, we are off for some breakfast at Crazy Burger....yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment