Monday, October 17, 2011

he's baaaaack

So I forgot to mention that over the past week and a half my parents have witnessed more and more sightings of our little crazy kitty Furio - yes the very same kitty we pretty much signed off to the coyotes 2 weeks ago (see Operation Kitty: Failed post for more).  Even more encouraging he has been coming around each evening for dinner.  And today Isabelle and I drove down to Rhode Island for a visit to grammy & grampy's after dropping Aaron off at the airport for his meeting in NC.  Right on cue (actually a little early) Furio showed up for dinner and with little hope that I would actually catch our kitty I brought out the food and called him close.  And he came!

photo-4
thinking about how much he wants that food...

Closer and closer....and he eventually ate out of the bowl right next to me!  I cautiously leaned over to pet him (assuming he would bolt) and he didn't budge - I seized the moment and grabbed him by the scruff and successfully got him inside!

photo-5
ferociously eating his bowl of food

He is a little skinny, a little scruffy, and a few ticks too many... but our little kitty is back.  I was a bit nervous he would have snapped and gone over to the wild side but he is as sweet as ever and in desperate need of attention.  He is purring up a storm and yowling at us every time we visit with him and even letting isabelle give him some love.

we are so happy and keeping our fingers crossed 
that he actually makes it up to New Hampshire this time... 

Operation Kitty: SUCCESS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment