Tuesday, October 11, 2011

weekend:perfect

This weekend the weather warmed up and we decided to hop in the car and visit one of my favorite places  (now only an hour away) - White Mountain National Forest.  My family vacationed here when we were young children and then as I got older my dad took me on countless backpacking trips through the Whites.  Each time I can remember driving home thinking... I love this place....this is where I want to live...  And now, several years later, here we are - right in the thick of it.

IMG_6325

We drove up to Lincoln, passed the classic touristy Clarks Trading Post and Whale's Tale Water Park, and had our sites set on Indian Head Trail, a 1.9 mile moderate hike up Mt. Pemigewasset.  And well, it kicked my butt pretty hard on the way up.... 7 months pregnant and my center of gravity is slightly off... not to mention the pounds I am packing... but it was so worth it.  The foliage is just starting to turn and the views were great.

IMG_6311
sweaty back
yes...we got a good work out (both aaron and i were carrying an extra 30 pounds)

IMG_6318
foliage and a sweaty bump

IMG_6327
silliness

And on Sunday we enjoyed a visit from Nana and GG.  The weather was picture perfect again and we enjoyed likely our last grilled burger and pasta salad for this year (outside anyways).

IMG_6330
enjoying the view

No comments:

Post a Comment