Sunday, October 2, 2011

operation kitty: failed...

IMG_5543
Furio: 2007 - ? M.I.K.A (Missing In Kitty Action)
you will be missed :(

So Friday morning we drove down to my parents with hopes of catching the escapee, Furio, and finally bringing him home.  Unfortunately, during the two days that we were there we didn't see him once.  Which due to the surroundings I am not all that surprised - if you haven't seen my parents house... just think - back road and behind their house are acres upon acres of forest.  We are all saddened to lose our crazy kitty and hope he is enjoying being a full time out door cat or resting in peace in the great out doors.

IMG_6249
Isabelle & Sid

We are very grateful for our other kitty Sid - who as much as we can't stand how needy he is or thick headed he can be - he is still here and will always remind us of Furio.

IMG_6246
O's & P's

IMG_6257
Rainy days

In other news, the weather has been less than lovely here - rainy and cold.  We officially broke out the down comforters, sweaters, and slippers in effort to delay turning on the heat (it is only October for goodness sakes).  Isabelle has been keeping busy with puzzles, coloring, and her new letters are O and P.  Neither Aaron or I have emphasized or tried to teach her any letters but she has started to come up with them on her own - she has "mastered" drawing  I, T, O, and P in the last month and we are quite impressed with her little self driven desire to draw letters.  She is also a whiz at picking out letters while reading books or while driving along - she often comes up with, "S-T-O-P....mama stop!" - and then she will slip in there "remember don't break the car mama!" (thanks for the reminder kiddo....).  I have thought about trying to do a letter a week but I think for now I will just encourage her curiosity with letters and let her go at her own pace - I want my 3 year old to just be a 3 year old.  If that means mastering the alphabet or not...thats A-Okay with me,  because your only 3 once... right?!


1 comment:

  1. Our girls!!! Just this morning I took a picture of Maggie's notebook, where she's begun to write H's, T's, I's, and G's! I was going to do a post about it, and how I'll follow her lead as she takes on this new challenge! They really are so much alike! So sorry to hear about Furio. Although I only ever saw him running by me, I know he was a well loved kitty!

    ReplyDelete