Sunday, October 30, 2011

a white weekend

A weekend in good company - grammy and grampy came up for some good old fashion weekend fun.  Saturday we went to the Harpoon brewery for some lunch and while the boys went on a tour my mom, Isabelle, and I headed over to visit the cows at Billing's Farm.  Isabelle braved the milking and actually watched this time (very brave).  Aaron and my dad also somehow made it over to Long Trail for some beer tasting as well- how convenient to take a long way home!  And as predicted the first Nor' Eastah came through and dumped a pile of snow on us Saturday night - I would say a good 5 or 6 inches in our neck of the woods.  And it was perfect weather for a big breakfast followed by romping in the snow and building a snow family building.

IMG_6420
playing a little cowboy and horses

IMG_6413
johnny cakes

IMG_6418
blueberry pancakes

IMG_6424
beginning the layering for snow play

IMG_6426
layering complete

IMG_6430
sledding

IMG_6435
making snowmen

IMG_6440
our snow family
(you likely can't see but my snow woman has a baby bump too)

IMG_6442
Isabelle posing with the snow family

And while I was truly tempted to put on some classy holiday music (I know I know way too early for holiday music).... instead we finished up isabelle's halloween costume for tomorrow.  She wanted to be a purple kitten with pink ears....so all I had to do was make a tail and ears...she has plenty of purple clothing... and voila....a purple kitten with pink ears!

IMG_6446
purple kitten complete....

No comments:

Post a Comment