Sunday, November 13, 2011

b-way

As mentioned we had a little Rhody reunion Friday evening and it was, as expected, filled with catching up, inappropriate banter, laughs, and lots of eating.  Kelly decided to throw me a sort of blessing way/mother's blessing - which I guess was agreed on by all the men with the stipulation of calling it anything but a blessing way (hence...b-way).  It may not have been the most traditional blessing way but it was so much fun and I laughed so hard I cried myself silly...and nearly wet myself.

IMG_6576
cheese & meat spread...

IMG_6585
me laughing so hard I was afraid it might onset labor
kelly gave me a foot bath with some deliciously smelling homemade sugar rub 
and aaron later massaged my feet...

IMG_6587
"happy labor caitlyn" cake from Pastiche....

My b-way consisted of a foot bath, then some herbs added by everyone, a foot rub, a lovely green crown, some yarn tied around us all to connect us, some fortune cookies (read the fortune and then end it with..."in labor"...example: "New and rewarding opportunities will soon develop for you...in labor"), some lovely poetry, and of course a delicious coconut cake from Pastiche.  And even though we all laughed and giggled over it all-- it was really special and very thoughtful of my dear friend Kelly to do for me - so thanks Kel, from the bottom of my heart!  And thanks to my amazing husband, Jeff & Carolyn and Dave for taking part in this special ritual.

IMG_6592
pajammy buddies, Isabelle & Noa

IMG_6589
love...

In addition everyone took home a candle, with the intention that once labor begins we will have a sort of phone/text/email tree to let everyone know that labor has started and that the baby is on his or her way...  and I would like to extend this to everyone (if you want to partake) - I will be sending out an email at some point with a reminder to set aside a candle and have it ready around December 5th.... and that when we actually start we will let you know - you can light your candle as a way to "connect" with us and as a reminder to send us some positive thoughts.  


oh and the verdict from the ultrasound was that the head is indeed down and baby is in position!


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful celebration! We would love to light a candle for you and send you positive/happy thoughts when that baby decides he or she is on their way!

    ReplyDelete