Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving and more

We have been super busy around here!!  Considering my pregnant state we decided to have Thanksgiving at our house and were pleased to have some family come to us.  Aunt Melanie and Uncle Todd arrived Wednesday evening (after a bit of a NE tour themselves) and Nana came up on Thursday to celebrate turkey day with us.  This Thanksgiving we were all grateful to be back in New England and to be able to spend so much more time with our family.  While I didn't get to spend the holiday with my family we were still able to skype a quick hello and connect with them - and we hope to see them all on Christmas (pending baby's arrival).  The following are a few pictures of our turkey day extravaganza!

IMG_6620
the turkey

We scored the most delicious free range local turkey by keeping tabs on craigslist ads.  The gal we got turkey from was awesome and so excited for us to enjoy....Isabelle even managed to find a few turkey feathers on the farm to bring home with her... Anyone who wants to argue that a butterball is more moist or juicy is wrong.  A little brine love and attention to how a turkey should be cooked made this bird 100% amazing.

IMG_6624
impatience

IMG_6625
Todd carving up the bird

IMG_6630
the spread

In addition we also celebrated Nana's birthday and had a small baby shower for Melanie and Todd, who are expecting their baby to arrive late January.  My parents came up on Friday to help celebrate and decompress after their own turkey day craziness in RI.  We are so excited to meet baby Biggs - this means Isabelle will have a cousin and Aaron and I get to be Uncle and Auntie - so excited!

IMG_6634
happy birthday Nana!

IMG_6631
dueling bellies (I obviously won...)
I am SO round.

IMG_6637
some Patriots apparel for the new little ones coming soon

All in all it was a wonderful long holiday weekend...and now as I sit here I can't believe it is over... the house is quiet other than the dishwasher running (again...I hate it but I could fill it so fine...), clothes in the washer, turkey stock simmering on the stove, and Isabelle playing quietly with her play dough.  

IMG_6642
turkey stock...making the house smell soooo good

IMG_6645
playing beautifully and independently....

And here we are... a week now until my expected due date... and all is quiet.  I am looking forward to taking this week to relax and recoup and get ready for the next bit of excitement to start.  

No comments:

Post a Comment