Wednesday, March 28, 2012

mama brain

photo 

 I think it is normal - this condition known as mama brain - but it wasn't quite as severe until Owen was added to the bunch.  I am finding myself struggling to interact in public - never 100% in a conversation with anyone...my brain instead is flashing glimpses of spit up, diapers, laundry, ideas for isabelle, nursing, the sleep I really could have used the night before...and so on.  I find myself trying to repeat over and over a fraction of what someone is trying to tell me in my head in hopes to remember to interject with something rational or related to the conversation.  Sometimes I find myself in the middle of a conversation and have no clue what I am talking about.  I know mama brain won't last forever and someday I will regain partial control over thoughts and conversational skills...but until then...bare with me...I'm only 50% there.

photo
keeping isabelle preoccupied...dress up and coloring...a regular combo
(new tutu made by grammy!)

photo
trying hard to avoid this...

photo
and keep the peace...
(as much as it may appear so...Sid is just pressed firmly against Owen...not on top of him)

~
50% in a conversation and 100% into my kids that is...

~
Oh and for all you who know my fat cat dilemma (never have I EVER had a fat cat...)...I reluctantly and shamefully brought my fat duo to the vet yesterday and Furio weighed in at 13 lbs (2 lbs over weight) and Sid came in at a WHOPPING 17.6 lbs...yes he is a big cat but now he is just a big fat monster cat....can't wait for them to go outside!

2 comments:

  1. That's EXACTLY what it's like! Thank you for putting it into words. Sometimes I feel completely insane, especially since I thought it would be a good time to go get my master's degree...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one Melissa...and yes doing a Master's degree was tough enough with one for me...I have absolutely no Idea how you are managing...I can't help but think of captain planet and the theme song....with our powers combined...we become SUPER MOM!

    ReplyDelete