Friday, March 2, 2012

Polite words

I am aware of the fact that 3 year old brains need constant reminders of when and how to use polite words ...not to mention their adult counterparts.  How can we expect Isabelle to remember please and thank you if we have a hard time remembering to use it ourselves...?   I think Aaron seems to think we use polite words more frequently than we do...but I am skeptical (of at least my own politeness)...when was the last time I said "Aaron can you please go get me a roll of toilet paper"...or "may I knit please?" - don't get me wrong, I say please and thank you.....just not as much as I would like Isabelle to use please and thank you.  And well adult brains...my adult brain...gets frustrated with the constant repeat of "can you think of a polite way to ask for that".  So yesterday, after a growling mumbling non polite interaction, Isabelle and I brainstormed our polite words, I wrote them out, we colored them in, glued them to an old painting...and presto...a new and different way to remember our polite words.  

IMG_7307 

IMG_7308

IMG_7309

This tact seemed to work when she kept forgetting the -TUV- part of the alphabet song...so I'm giving this a shot.  For her and me really - a different way for all of us to remember those polite words.  Any mamas out there have any other tactics they use - we would love some other ideas about teaching manners (please)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment