Monday, April 23, 2012

anticipation

There is a lot happening here over the next two weeks.  Moving to our new house and possibly...just possibly... getting another four legged friend this weekend - one that barks and wags a tail to be clear!  I have been trying to not get my hopes up because we still have to meet her...but both Aaron and I are pretty sure she is the one!  Anyways I suppose I will share more about the lovely pooch once we have her - as I am still reluctant to get too attached to a dog that isn't officially ours yet.  Anyways all that excitement is dampened by the packing and lists upon lists of things that need to get done in a short time.  Like those chickens we had to have...they need a coop...like yesterday...(well maybe I'm exaggerating a bit...but they do need one soon)...Yes we love chaos around here!

photo
carrot prep

Anyways with today being a transition day (the kids and I in RI and Aaron was in ME this weekend) I did my best to not think about all that needed to be done...and instead made some turkey soup for miss Isabelle who has a big case of the sniffles.  Tomorrow we will pack...right?!

:::

Oh and today we visited the doctor for Mr. Owen...his 4 month stats are:
weight: 12 lbs 6 oz (up about 2 lbs)
length: 24 in (not sure what the increase was)
head circ: 16.25 in (up about 1 in)

Oh and then the pediatrician told me that if I wasn't introducing solids I should do iron supplements (has anyone done this?) and that if I do use rice cereal (which is recommended) to avoid it coming from southern US because it likely has traces of arsenic....wow...NOW I feel even more comfortable with introducing my child to cereal...way to go US.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Chica...good luck!!
    My doctor is very by the book, for good AND bad...and she never recommended iron supplements even though I didn't even have noa taste her first food until 5 months, and it wasn't cereal? I didn't regularly start introducing food until 6 months, did the Earth's Best Rice Ceral but have no idea where it came from, crap. Noa got tested for her iron levels and they were a-okay, even though I didn't even start introducing meat/etc. until after 10 months. Hope that makes you feel better!!!! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nursed all 4 of my kids an as I recall excursively untill they were over 10 months... I recall one doctor speaking of my Elouise, asking what I was feeding her, as she was so chunky... and I said "just me!!"... never supplemented, never was told to supplement with iron? maybe a newish thing in the last 10 years? but unless he is deficient in iron and that you can't tell unless a blood test is done, I don't know why they would suggest it???

    ReplyDelete