Thursday, April 12, 2012

transition days

Let me start by saying - I love visiting family and friends.  That being said I dread the day after we arrive home - the transition day.   The day where the fridge is completely empty, 3 loads of laundry need to be done (like yesterday), and both my kids are coming off an attention sugar high.  Don't get me wrong I love giving my wee ones all the attention I can...but it is nothing in comparison with the attention they get when they are surrounded by several loved ones...and then on the dreaded transition day...I...and only I am suppose to supply all that love and attention.  And I'm not very good at that.  Yesterday Isabelle refused to play with any of her toys and I basically tripped over her every other move as she was clung to my hip.  Owen refused to nap on his own and had to be held all day (hmm...maybe that is normal...yup that is normal).  All of this is ok...and transition day is over...but phew I am happy it is over.

IMG_7849
a lot of this...
after mama pleads with her to just go sit by herself for a minute while I use the bathroom

IMG_7852
at one point I was able to pull myself out of the "things that had to be done"...we got a little wet on wet painting done

IMG_7861
the results were lovely...but after painting I thought I would get a minute to sit and gather myself...I did not..and Isabelle ended up losing all her toys for the remainder of the day....in the heat of my craze it sounded like a good idea...it was not...


IMG_7862
and well on days like those we are all just sooo sooo happy to see daddy walk through that door


Hopefully we got all the "transition bugs" out yesterday and today will be much less crazed...

2 comments:

  1. I so love reading your blog Caitlyn...you do such a great job of telling stories and sharing your lives with us! Thanks so much...miss you guys!! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel! I may not be the best at keeping in touch but this is something I can do that connects me with all the people I love! Miss & lots of love to the family.

      Delete