Wednesday, April 11, 2012

guilty

IMG_7752

IMG_7789

IMG_7817

IMG_7824

As always, a trip down to RI means good times with family & friends and always good food.  We enjoyed the Easter holiday with family and were even able to sneak in a visit with some friends.  We enjoyed lamb & ham for the holiday and the following night enjoyed steamers & fried rabbit...and oh my goodness it was delicious.  For the first time I lied to Isabelle about what her food was...I just said it was chicken.  I immediately knew that was a wrong move on my part but ended up sticking with that choice for the evening.  We have always been very honest about where our food comes from and after I lied about the rabbit I wasn't too pleased with myself.  At the table she looked slightly concerned..."wait we are eating chicken?" -  I saw her mind spin a bit and I almost saw the glimpse of her brain wiring the connection to her little baby chicks she loves so so much - "yes you are eating chicken like your baby chicks" (which was really rabbit....oh my ...big mama foul!).  We had a few heartfelt conversations about our choices to eat meat and poultry and I think that over the next few weeks we will continue this conversation.  Isabelle has never been overly in love with meat products and I wonder if she will have a change of heart on what she chooses to consume.  Either way it is her decision...one that we will fully support and also educate her to the best of our ability.  And from now on I will never lie about food...it was really a poor decision on my part...yes I have oober mama guilt...

No comments:

Post a Comment