Tuesday, April 17, 2012

photo

photo


Well the weather here is just wonderful...  dry...no humidity and warm...really warm!  I really got use to the dry heat in Idaho...and am not super excited about humidity this summer (even though I suppose I should be use to it growing up in RI).  Anyways we are taking full advantage of this beautiful weather...Isabelle even frolicked in her bathing suit all day (of course the water is much too cold for a quick dip...but nice to cool off our toes).  Owen is on shade patrol...Sunday I think he got a little too much sun (which was hardly any) and he seemed a bit out of it so I am trying to juggle a shade baby and a sun fairy princess!  And yes... a mama even got in some crafts (remember I managed to salvage one not so small box of craft items from the pack list)!  

photoI am in charge of the activity for our home school group for the first week of May and I am working on our May day celebration...which I am super excited for!  Isabelle and I had some fun with koolaide and dyed some old sheets I ripped up for the May pole ribbons.  They turned out a little lighter than I had hoped for... but I am really trying to do everything for under 5 bucks...so doubling up on koolaide would have put me over budget...plus I already felt ridiculous purchasing 18 packs of koolaide...I mumbled something like..."we don't drink this stuff I swear!".  I am using old fabric scraps and felt to make "flowers" for May day crowns....Isabelle is having a blast putting them together while I sew them up.  Anyways I am excited to see all of it come together!  I have always wanted to dance around the maypole!  

And speaking of our home school group... I plan to elaborate more on the whole pre school/school dilemma at some point...but for now I'd rather not think too much about it and enjoy this sunny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment